The University of Missouri-St. Louis Provincial House Chapel and facilities offer excellent locations for your wedding, rehearsal dinner and/or showers. Our staff looks forward to working with you and answering any questions you may have. It is our goal to do our best to help make your wedding festivities as enjoyable and worry-free as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us whenever we may assist you.
You are invited to visit any of our facilities prior to or after reserving the Provincial House Chapel. To schedule a site visit, please call Conference and Event Services at (314) 516-4399. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. After hours and weekend appointments are only available by prior arrangement.
Details & Policies
- The Provincial House Chapel has a 45 feet wide marble floor and a glass enclosure surrounds the sanctuary.
- The Provincial House Chapel center aisle is 6 ft. wide and 77 ft. long. Please keep in mind the Provincial House Chapel floor is marble and some runners may be hazardous. Your florist may have suggestions on the type of runner that would be most appropriate.
- The Provincial House Chapel has 21 rows of pews on each side of the center aisle with a break in between the first 12 pews and last 9 pews. Pew decorations (bows, flowers, and tulle) less than 3 pounds can easily be hooked on to the pews by using the 3M Command Hooks we have provided.
- The back of the chapel features three wooden arched doorways, however, only the main doorway has double doors. Hooks are provided to decorate the inside frame of each of the doorways.
Two dressing rooms are available for your wedding party’s use. The men’s dressing room is located inside the chapel while the bridal room is located just outside the chapel. It is suggested that the groom and groomsmen arrive already dressed for the wedding, but you can elect to dress on site. We also recommend that the bride get dressed here (unless you are taking pictures elsewhere prior to coming to the Chapel).
For your wedding, there will be one wireless microphone for your officiate and up to three stand microphones provided at no additional charge. Sound needs in addition to these microphones should be requested as early as possible. Requests for additional equipment may result in additional charges.
The chapel is also equipped with a CD/iPod player with remote. If you choose to use the CD player, someone from your wedding party must be designated to operate the CD player.
The chapel is equipped with a copper piped organ and a piano. Both are tuned and available for your use during your rehearsal and wedding.
Freely available are several white Romanesque columns varying in height, candle table, guest book stand, and podium. For a nominal rental fee, we also provide a unity candle candelabras, four single candelabras, and a pair of 7 light candelabras. All candelabras are adjustable in height and made of brass to match the chapel's decor. Additional information and rates are provided in your wedding confirmation packet or you view these items here.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the chapel.
- UMSL is a tobacco-free campus.
- You may have deliveries made during your rehearsal time or the day of your wedding (within your 4 hours). University staff will not accept or be responsible for deliveries therefore you must have your own representative present to accept deliveries.
- Trash items (boxes, excess papers, flower debris, or anything you wish to discard) must be placed in or next to the receptacles provided.
- Any signs or decorations used both on the interior or exterior of the building and along the roadside must be taken down immediately following your event.
- All flowers & plants must be removed from the facility at the end of the event, no exceptions.
- Fresh flower petals, rice, confetti, or similar items may not be dropped, sprinkled, or thrown inside or outside of the chapel.
- Bubbles and edible bird seeds are allowed outside the building or in the courtyard.
- No tape, of any kind, is allowed or should be used on any surface inside the chapel.
- Candles are permitted for decorating, however, only no drip candles are allowed and must be lit with a taper or candle lighter.
- Candelabras may be used provided drip shields, hurricane glasses, or other protective measures are used. Other decorations such as candles may be used in the aisle however must be on stands and be protected by hurricane chimneys.
- Pew decorations (bows, flowers, and tulle) can easily be hooked and unhooked onto the pews by using the 3M Command Hooks we have provided.
- Anything you have brought for the wedding, please remember to take with you or discard in a trash can before leaving. Prior to leaving, you should do a quick sweep of all the rooms your wedding party has used. All rooms, including the chapel, must be cleared out of your belongings.
- Double Ring Unity
- Adjustable height
- Size: 18W x 18D x 50 to 68”H
- Rental Fee: $15.00
- Unity candle pillar and tapers are not provided, you will need to provide your own candle pieces for this special moment.
Single Aisle Candelabra (4 available)
- Size: 22W x 18D x 52 to 76”H
- Adjustable height
- 2.5 Hours burning candle(s) included
- Rental Fee: $7.50 per candelabra
7 Light Candelabra (2 available)
- Size: 21 to 39W x 19D x 57 to 90”H
- Adjustable height and angle
- 2.5 Hour burning candles included
- Rental Fee: $20.00 per candelabra
Ceremony Service Vendors
To assist you in planning your special day, these vendors (not endorsed by our facilities) are familiar with the Provincial House Chapel's facilities, layout, and policies and can assist you in planning the best wedding possible! Other helpful internet resources are theknot.com and stlouisweddings.com. Best of luck with your planning and please do not hesitate to call us with any questions!
UMSL Music Department | (314) 516-4235
Harp, Piano and Organ
- Marcia Hansen | (314) 974-5681 |
- Eva Murphy | (314) 753-3557 | www.stlouisharp.com
- Aimee Showers | (314) 330-3624 | www.aimeeshowers.com
- Jeremy Webster | (314) 435-5932 |
Photography & Video
Rental & Party Supplies